Wednesday, October 10, 2012

More Time Away

 It is so nice to have our boys old enough and capable enough to take care of themselves.  It's also really nice to have Clare so near by if they should need anything.  On Thursday we went to Chicago for Pat's work.  Then on Friday afternoon we flew out of Milwaukee on our way ot Provo and also General Conference.  We've been attending October conference in Salt Lake City for several years now.  I wasn't planning to go as I had some other things I wanted to help with.  With little Evie Mae making an early appearance, how could I not go?
With a delay in Denver (again) we finally arrived in Provo after dark.  We knew it would be dark, but it was even darker.  We got our rental car and drove over to Sammi and Jeff's.  This is where we got to meet our newest grandbaby.  She's absolutely perfect!
I had such a wonderful time holding, changing and feeding her.  Since I live in the central time zone, I was up way early.  This was the time of day Evie was awake and I could take her and let her mama sleep.
 On Saturday morning Pat, Erin and I went to the first session of conference while this little family stayed home and took pictures on my camera.
 It seems we cannot visit without there being some major laughter.  Several years ago there was a commercial from Arby's where they had a "ranch tooth."  Pat loved that commercial and Erin found it on the internet and Pat was off in laughter land once again.
 He said he needs to stop visiting Provo since this happened last time as well.
On Saturday evening we had a photo shoot.  Between me making the background and putting Evie how I wanted her; Erin taking the pictures and Sammi's editing, we got some great photos of our little angel.
I can't wait until the end of the month when they come for a visit and the rest of the family gets to meet their newest niece, cousin, granddaugher, etc.
It was a wonderful weekend that went by way too fast.  By Monday evening we were back home by our boys. 

1 comment:

Sammi said...

Evie told me that she misses her Papa and Nana and she wants to come live with you.