Friday, October 5, 2012

Chicago

My sweetie had to travel to Chicago to train the new mechanic in the Chicago North FM Group on Thursday.  He met with Justin at a couple of buildings and is meeting with him again this morning at a couple more buildings.  Since we're flying out of Milwaukee this afternoon on our way to Utah, I came along. 

Can I just say first and foremost how grateful I am for Randy and Patrick in keeping our buildings so beautifully maintained?  Not that these buildings are falling apart or anything, but there are so many things that just make me shudder.  For example, the live flowers sitting on the organ in a terrarium of water.  I happened to glance over at the grand piano to see the water spot damage on the top of that instrument.  Apparently no one is concerned that the same thing may happen to the organ.  I understand that these buildings are used more heavily than ours in Wisconsin (meaning multiple units per building), but most of them are messy to say the least as well as having junk and piles of things on tables.  Makes me nuts!

The next thing I have to be ever so grateful for is that I'm so thankful to live where I do.  Sure, I have a 47 minute drive to the stake center and a 3+ hour drive to the temple, but I don't care.  The traffic and buildings are crazy!  The new mechanic is from small town Idaho and his wife is having a difficult time adjusting to living in this huge city.  On the plus side, I had 25 scores this morning so that would make a commute fun for Tom.

On our way to Provo when we're done here so we can see our girls (and Jeff) and meet Evie!  I'm pretty excited to see her and hold her and kiss those chubby cheeks!

No comments: