Tuesday, October 2, 2012

50 years

 
50!  Can it be?  How did I get that old?  I guess one day at a time like everyone else.
I had an amazing day.  If every birthday was this great I'd take one every week.
First of all, I woke to find that some kind youth from the ward/community had decorated our trees and shrubs with some beautiful white "streamers."  How did they know it was my birthday?  It was also homecoming week and a lot of people got the same decorations in their trees.
My amazing visiting teachers came for a vist and brought gifts.
MaryEllen brought over her mom's refrigerator cookies that I love. 
I took a treat and lunch to the guys and Rosy at the mill and mowed the lawn while I was there.
My sweetheart bought me a new suit and a new swimsuit and cover a few weeks ago, so I already knew that was happening.
I went to officiate volleyball in Neopit and came home to a wonderful meal prepared by my sweet daughter, Clare.
All of that made me feel special and loved.  (I already knew that, but it is always nice to be reminded.)
The most amazing thing that happened was a gift from my dad.  He doesn't usually give gifts; only cards for birthdays.  He gave me a gift that I never expected.  He did something amazingly generous for me.  No, I'm not going to tell what as it's deeply personal.  The point is, in doing what he did, I realized how much the Savior loves me.   In my dad's generosity, I realized how that made me feel.  Then I discovered what it feels like to be truely humble.  I don't feel worthy of the generous gift offered to me, nor do I think I deserve it.  But, he gave it because he loves me.  
If I feel this way knowing how much I'm loved by my daddy, then how much must Christ love me to take upon himself my sins and open the way for me to be forgiven?
I cannot express in words what is really in my heart.  I can only say that I am blessed beyond measure.
Happy 50th to me.


2 comments:

Sammi said...

I didn't even realize that you were 50. Still thought you were 47 or something. Sheesh.

Luana said...

Sounds like a really wonderful day. Happy happy birthday week!