Friday, January 27, 2012

Basketball Season Continues

Andrew's basketball season is in full swing.  In fact, they've begun to play the teams in the conference for a second time.   Menominee Indian is always a tough battle.  The first time Gresham lost by one point and the next time was the Holiday tournament where Gresham won by about five points.  So, last night was the rematch. 
The first two outings saw Andrew riding the "pine pony."  He didn't get even a second of playing time.  Of course he was disappointed, but apparently he's proving to the coach that he can play with the big boys.  Here's my #35 going up and getting that rebound!
 I do have to say that he's a great defensive player.  I think his brain thinks in defensive mode.  Who doesn't love to make the points?  But I think he would much rather have some great rebounds and blocks.  He did have a block last night but fouled the guy in the attempt.  It was a good call.  So who won? 
Gresham did!

Since Andrew doesn't play huge quantities of time, he isn't typically in a position to be fouled.  Last night he was fouled more than once, but only once when the officials saw it.  In fact it was one of those things that you couldn't miss.  Yes, it was that bad.  Too bad I didn't get that on video.  He did a great job shooting his free throws.
In my defense, I wish I had a good camera when the girls were playing.  I would've had someone take some pictures while I worked the clock and/or book.

No comments: