Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twenty-nine Years

 Twenty-nine years ago I married my best friend.  Since that time we've had a lot to keep us entertained.  The following photos give you a glimpse into our lives. 
First of all, there's Tom.  He keeps us on our toes.
Then there's the fact that we are now grandparents to three beautiful people.  Number two is showing how he can wear his Nana's glasses.
 We didn't know when Clint joined our family that he would fit in with the others so well.  I'm very thankful that he is part of our craziness.
 Little did I know when I was in second grade that this little guy would grow up to be my sweetheart.  I remember a girl in my class who "liked" this little guy.  I was confused back then as to which boy was Henry and which was Pat because I only knew of one Pleshek boy in the third grade who fit this description.
 After he grew up and served a mission, he came home to Wisconsin and proposed a few short weeks later.  Ok, maybe it was a month.  I do know it was on Easter Sunday in April that we decided that we'd spend our lives and eternity together.
 This particular January day in Washington D.C. was cool but not cold.  Probably around 40 degrees.  We didn't take many photos as it was cold enough that I didn't want to be out without a coat for very long.
 We try to make a yearly trek to Nauvoo.  In fact, this past year we trekked three times!  A stop at the Fudge Factory for turtle tails is a must!  How much do these happy people love fudge and caramels?  A lot!
 We love to stay at the Pountain home while in Nauvoo.  It's so much better than a motel.  These crazies gave us their best pose.
 The alumni game when Erin was a senior in high school was so much fun to watch.  Two of my lovlies played against their sister while daddy blew the whistle and kept things in check.
 Then there's the yearly trip to Bay Beach.  I love the Zippin' Pippin' and so does Tom.  But, Clare goes strictly for the cotton candy as evidenced below.  I know she hates this photo as it doesn't show how truly beautiful she is.  Still, it shows part of the many sides of crazy that exist in our family.
It sure has been a fun trip over the past 29 years.  The best part is yet to come I'm sure.  I love being a grandmother!  I loved being a missionary mom and look forward to doing it again in three years.  I love having adults who are my children.  We have grown up conversations...for the most part.
I'm more in love with my sweetie than ever and thank my Heavenly Father for him daily.  This journey we're on sometimes has potholes in our road and we have to swerve around other things in our way, but we're on it together and that's the important part. 
I look forward to the next year and beyond. 


1 comment:

Megan said...

Made me tear up Lady. You have a beautiful family and thank you for sharing your journey together so far. :)