Monday, January 23, 2012

Snowmen

 Every year for Christmas for the past 15 Christmases, I receive a hand crafted snowman from my in-laws as a gift.  Each one is different and unique and really cute.  All are smiling.  I have a shelf that they sit on over the winter, but there are just too many of them to all fit.  Since re-making our kitchen countertops, I now have a windowsill where I can display several.  Here they are  standing/sitting in a row.
 We finally got some snow...again and so my birds are happy to have a place to come and eat.
 Here's the view outside in our front yard this morning.
I don't know if you noticed, but that last snowman on the windowsill somehow got himself turned around and seems to be longing to go outside and play.  I really don't know how he got turned and really don't care.  I saw him there last week "looking" outside and thought then it was cute, but it's so much cuter now that there's snow on the ground.

1 comment:

Luana said...

I really miss the cardinals! We are having the weirdest winter. A lot of spring like days and very little snow.