Saturday, January 14, 2012

Promises

This week in seminary we studied the book of Joshua.  We talked about the fact that the Lord never breaks his promises to us.  A few students needed to leave early so I decided to end before they left.  I was supposed to end with four different scriptures where the Lord makes promises to us, but decided to end with just one.  I just happened to choose D&C 58:42 to end the lesson.  It reads: Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.  What a grand promise! 
I was able to testify of the truthfulness of this scripture.  When we keep our covenants, the Lord will keep his promise as well.  He will never break his promises to us as long as we are obedient. D&C 82:10 tells us:  I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise. 
If there was nothing else during the week that the students came away with, I hope they came away with the one concept that the Lord will remember our sins no more, if we repent.  It was a good week.

No comments: