Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Swapping Sports

I believe the weather is warming up ever so slightly. At least I hope so. The evidence was in the thermometer this morning as it was 31 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday. The seminary youth were so disappointed at not having to go out in that cold on Monday or Tuesday. I sure didn't want to go out in it, so why should they? Call me a softy.

Basketball season is officially over in our home as of Saturday when Tom plays his games in the district competition for Special Olympics. On Monday the track season begins. That's why I'm really hoping the weather is warming as we'll be outside.

Yesterday Mr. Davis and I met with potential track athletes from Bowler who will be part of the new Gresham-Bowler track team. I think my job just got a lot harder considering I'll be running the practice at one facility or the other. Mr. Davis and I will divide and conquer. It was much easier being all together and we will do that as often as possible. I do enjoy the track season a lot. It was my favorite to participate in when I was younger and more agile. I enjoy seeing the individual athletes do their best. So, for the next 3 months I'll be busier than ever with practices and meets.

That is my life. Just as one thing slows down another takes it's place to keep me busy. It all involves my kids though, so I'm okay with that. I have 5 more years of going to ball games and such so I'm just going to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Have fun coaching! Sports are soo fun to watch. wow, my parents are almost done!

Sammi said...

Have fun going back and forth, Mamma. I'm sure you'll have fun. I'm READY for spring already. It's been fantastic weather out here, though. YIPEE!!