Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Will Winter Ever End?

I love living in Wisconsin! Part of that is because of the changing seasons. I love the fresh smells, flowers and green of spring. The warmth of the summer with the smell of freshly mown grass with the chance to be outside doing fun things is a treat. The colors and crisp smells of fall make me feel happy. A fresh snowfall makes the whole neighborhood look clean and gives the feel of being isolated from anything bad.

This has been a very long winter with much of it being very cold. I am thankful for my warm house and a good stock of firewood.

Yes I do love the changing seasons and I'm ready for the change. Spring has got to be on the way. As I sit at work today and look out my window, I see rain. Rain that is freezing to the surface of the roadway. One truck stuck this morning as he couldn't make it up the ice covered hill, and the hill isn't really very big or steep. Then I go to the internet and look at the forecast for the next few days. I see tomorrow with snow all day long. How much chance of snow? 90 to 100% chance. Oh great. Our girl's basketball team won last night and will travel to Phelps on Thursday night. Or maybe not. I guess the basketball game will be delayed a day.

In case anyone asks....I'm ready for Spring!

2 comments:

Stacy Stoddard said...

Just for the record, I am ready as well. We have been fortunate not to have as hard a winter as you but I am ready to be playing outside. IT is hard to keep the boys and myself happy without fresh air everyday.

Luana said...

I love the changing seasons too, but Wisconsin just does not have enough spring or summer, and way way way too much winter. Come to think of it, fall is much too short also. I love fall the best and it is really so beautiful here. I will miss all the foliage when I move back to Utah, but I will NOT miss Wisconsin winters!