Thursday, February 12, 2009

A new bed for everyone!




My sweetheart has wanted a different bed for some time now and yesterday he was on Craig's list and found exactly what he was after. We really needed a new mattress and the new one is so comfy. This bed belonged to some little kid and they got it just over a year ago and kept a plastic cover on it, so it's like new. We got the whole bed for the price of a new mattress.
At any rate, the bed is huge and really high. Notice the little stool that came with it. I need it to get up into bed. Drawers on both sides are really roomy and then there are the drawers on the end as well.

I just can't imagine a little kid climbing up into this bed every night.
With the Gourley's out looking at apartments now, I need a bed for Sammi's room once they leave. So today, I played musical beds. I moved Andrew's bed into a closet, the bunks into the boy's room and my old bed into Sammi's room. And Erin got her mattress back instead of the one she had. What a chore. I'm exhausted but it sure looks good.

4 comments:

Luana said...

What a nice fancy TALL bed. Evan and I have to use steps to get onto our bed as well, but for now it is fun. I think when we are really old and feeble we will have to take out the box springs so we don't have to climb up.

Luana said...

Oh I forgot to mention that Evan and I watched an episode of Maverick the other day and there was an actress on there that looks almost like a clone of you. Her name is Abby Dalton, but I am assuming she is probably in her late 70's by now. However, in her youth she sure did look a lot like you.

Sammi said...

Mom, I want that bed.

DJ said...

Seriously that bed is awesome!! I want one.

I agree that the tears are definitely harder to hold back now that I'm a mom--I was a rock and rarely if ever cried before the days of being mom. I'm not sure I'm as good as you are at not showing it though.