Monday, January 5, 2009

The Return of the Routine

A new year has arrived and I'm back to the grind of everyday life. Erin and Andrew started back at school today. Andrew lucked out and had only half a day as he had an ortho appointment. Erin is back at basketball practice and her leg survived the first day.

Sammi left for Rexburg on the 1st. The house is very much quieter without her here, but I know she's where she needs to be. We've done some work to make sure she'll get her scholarship money so she can actually take classes. I'll miss her not being here, but am comforted in the fact that she's supposed to grow up and make mature adult decisions.

Pat is back to work everyday and I'm back at teaching seminary each morning. I sure missed my youth. The Gresham Ward has the greatest youth in the entire church. I hope every seminary teacher can say the same thing. I sure love those wonderful teenagers!

Good news! Clint begins his new job as Officer Gourley on the 19th. He's pretty excited and so is Clare. She's looking forward to actual paychecks coming once again. Who knew money could be so important?

I know a lot of people are glad to have 2008 over. For me it was just another year. The only bad part was the gas prices for most of the year and the beating our 401k took. At this rate, Pat will be able to retire when he's about 80! I look forward to the possibilities 2009 will bring. Will we have a wedding in the family? Will Clare and Clint finally get a place they can call their own? We hope so for their sake. A few things are certain. Erin will go away to school (can it be so?) and a second grandchild will be brought into our crazy family. What's not to love?

2 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Aren't routines kind of comforting? Where did Clint get a job? We were so hoping the Sturgeon Bay job would pan out! :( So sad for us! But I'm happy for them!

Sammi said...

So Clint's finally starting a job. Way to go. School pays off, eh? Well at least academy does. Man, it seems like forever since I've been home...not making adult decisions. I'm seeing how long I can go without doing my laundry. But after this week-ish, I think it'll be time to do it.