Thursday, January 15, 2009

Calm and Cold

The past few days have been very interesting in our home. On Tuesday Tom went to work with his dad and Erin and Andrew went off to school. The most wonderful thing happened afterward. I was all alone in my house. There were no other people here. It was so calm and peaceful. I didn't do anything special other than enjoy the solitude. One day I will look back at these busy days with a house full of people and miss all the bustle. But for this day, it was heavenly to have the house all to myself.

Below is the thermomether that sits on my windowsill in the kitchen. The top temp is for the outside and the bottom is indoor. Seeing how it sits by a window, the indoor temp is never quite right. Of course it's probably right for the very spot in which it sits. My house in general isn't that cold.
I think this may have been our high temperature today. I woke up this morning just before 5am with this same thermometer reading -15. Yikes, that's cold!!! I cancelled seminary for today already on Monday. I figured my wonderful students didn't need to be out in this type of cold. One would think that I would be able to sleep in and enjoy my warm bed but not so. Today I was up and out in the cold by 5:25 on my way to Shawano to pick up my dad. He had an appointment in Green Bay at 6:45 and I volunteered to go with him. Good news! The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with his heart.

2 comments:

Sammi said...

Those temperatures are discusting. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is cold! It's 73 in California today. I don't know, I may trade you someday though!