Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy anniversary to us!

Our engagement picture. Look how long Pat's hair was. Now he gets impatient if it's long enough to touch the top of his ears. I look young, but he really looks young.

Taken outside the Washington DC temple on our wedding day. It was cold and damp. Sitting on that marble bench didn't keep my backside warm either.

Taken at the Chicago temple after the Kryshak wedding in 2000. This was just prior to our first year participating in the City of Joseph pageant. I didn't like the beard and neither did Pat.


Outside the Salt Lake temple. Every couple should have their picture taken by those doors.


On the "beach" (notice it was all rocks) on Washington Island in August. This was in the evening just before sunset. It was cool as you can see I was in a sweatshirt. It was a wonderful overnight vacation for the two of us. The perks of older children is being able to get away without them.



Today, January 11th is our 26th wedding anniversary! It doesn't seem like it is possible that we've been together that long. It wasn't very long ago that we were just a couple of kids without two nickels to rub together. We didn't have anything but love to live on, or so it seemed. Pat will spend his day building the kingdom in the stake with meetings and such. I guess I'll see him sometime in the evening. Our first anniversary was spent apart as well. Pat had left the day before on a trip to the west coast (he was an over the road truck driver) and got sick. My dad, or was it my brother, left him in a hotel in Dodgeville. I was at home with our newborn daughter. It wasn't quite what I envisioned for an anniversary. But then, considering that I had given birth only three weeks earlier, I don't suppose I was in any mood for a romantic evening out. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

5 comments:

Sara said...

How fun to look at the pictures of you two! You both get better looking with age I think! :)
Congratulations!!

Luana said...

Happy Anniversary Heidi and Pat! Those old pictures are a crack up. It is amazing how styles and photography change over the years. I love looking at wedding photos of people I know and seeing what they looked like in their prime. It is so fun. Hopefully you celebrated last night or will tomorrow. Sundays are not the best days for celebrations.

DJ said...

Still a couple of hotties! Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jodi said...

aww Mom I love the pictures!!!!!