Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family Sledding

Several years ago, my dad cleared a large hill of rocks and trees and smoothed the thing out. He bought a snow groomer and installed his version of a tow rope. He loves to ski and wanted the grandkids to learn how to ski. He purchased boots of various sizes and lots of skis and poles. It's been a treat for me as I love to ski and this is free. On a few occasions we've had most of the family together to enjoy the hill. Today was just us minus Erin and Tom and my brother and two of his kids. Regardless, there was fun had by all. Of course there was a campfire to warm ourselves as well as dogs to roast and German chocolate cupcakes to celebrate my dad's birthday. The weather was finally cooperative and around 30 degrees. Hooray! Never thought that would feel so warm!!!
Cami getting ready to go sledding. I love her "pockets."
She loves the snow and sledding.

Tim took a digger and landed in the snow laughing.

Ben was so much fun to watch. His smile shows how much he enjoyed himself. Before he started sledding, he was running up the hill, letting his sled go and chasing after it. That was a show in and of itself.

Cami doesn't appear to be enjoying herself, but this was toward the end when she was getting tired. Most of the time she giggled all the way down the hill.

Clint had a great time. He was still going after we shut off the tow rope.
Andrew got a quick lesson from Dad on how to run the snowmobile. He only got it stuck once.

Cami loved to ride the snowmobile with her Papa.

Dad and I were the only two souls who would put on skis. I love to downhill ski. I don't especially like the tow rope, but it sure is a lot nicer than hiking back up the hill.

3 comments:

Sammi said...

YAY for having people come and sled. That's fantastic! Cami is so dang cute.

Jayci said...

Hi! This is Jayci...Donna (Bohl) Crapo's daughter. & I'm thinking that you need to come to Utah for your downhill skiing. The tow rope looks like it sucks!

Luana said...

How fun to have that all in your own backyard. I don't see how the tow rope makes it any easier. You still have to pull yourself up. Right?