Monday, January 26, 2009

Basketball, basketball and more basketball


In the past few weeks we've had tons of basketball games. Erin is in the middle of her season. They've been struggling to put 4 good quarters together in one game. The games are pretty close and they seem to lose in the last few minutes of the game. On Friday night they were in Tri-County and then on Saturday morning they headed back to Almond for a make-up game. I went to the Saturday game with some friends. The girls played a hard game and lost it in the 4th quarter again. Good news was that Friday night's game was a victory!


I love watching my children compete on whatever field of competition they happen to be on. If you'd ask me what my favorite sport is, my answer would depend on what season it is and what my kids are involved in. Of course if you ask me what my favorite is to play, it would definately be volleyball.


Andrew's regular season was over in December but Mr. Zobeck wants these young guys to get as much experience as they can. So, he and Scott are coaching the Jr. High boys and taking them to tournaments. Actually, parents, meaning the Olsens, Cerveny's and us are driving the 7th grade team to the games. Two weeks ago we were in Almond all day long and this past Saturday they were in Gillett. They lost a lot but gained valuable experience. Each of the games was very close except for when they played Sturgeon Bay. Andrew's report to me was that the guys on that team were HUGE!





Andrew going after a loose ball. He's really pretty good at creating the jump ball situation. He's scrappy that way. Must be from living with 3 big sisters. He's had to learn it to survive.


1 comment:

Sammi said...

Look at Andrew's little chicken legs. And at least those girls finally won a game.