Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Grand Canyon

We made a trip to the Grand Canyon as well and it was breathtaking!
This was the view as we drove up the mountain side.
I'm amazed by the giant hole in the ground that is the Grand Canyon!



This place covers miles and miles!


We paid the extra to do the Skywalk.  This is a clear sidewalk that juts out over the canyon.  When a person looks down it is 2000 feet below before you see the canyon floor!

I couldn't go too close to the edge.  Patrick was so much braver and it made me anxious.  I wasn't ready to go back home as a widow cause he fell.  Not like that was going to happen but it made me nervous.

It was pretty cool as the temperatures kept getting colder the higher the elevation. Before we left it was a lot warmer.  
The Colorado river runs through the base of the canyon.

It snowed the night before and I liked how the cacti looked topped with the white stuff.  
We climbed the highest point so we could get a really great look around.  Going up was easier than coming down.  It was a bit muddy and the mud was clay so it was slick.  We took our time descending.  
 

No comments: