Monday, March 27, 2023

Fillmore Trip

 

Jeff had the opportunity to go to Maui for a medical conference and Sammi wasn't sure she should go along.  All of us, especially those of us who have been to Hawaii, encouraged her to go with him.  They went the 3rd week of February when we got dumped on with a lot of snow.  I kept the children in Lyndhurst when it was the weekend and took Evie to school on Monday morning.  I spent the night at their home and then spent time at my home during the day until I had to pick her up.  On Wednesday night we got dumped on.  I scraped the snow off of the driveway on Wednesday after taking Evelyn to school.  They got out of school early and we moved more snow.  No school on Thursday and we moved more snow.  They surely picked a good week to be away from snowy Wisconsin! 
We had the children over two Sundays.  I went to Primary both weeks with them but went to class with Henry and Lydia on the second week as Gene was not in church.  Cheryl does a great job with those little four years olds.  I was in awe watching her redirect Henry back to the lesson. 
It was a treat to have those children in our home for 8 days but it was even better to have their parents come home!

No comments: