Thursday, October 27, 2022

Eddie’s Dresser

In the late summer/early fall we went to look at items listed in an online auction.  There was the cutest little dresser that I thought would be perfect for Eddie or even for Cierra to store her paint and craft supplies.  We bid up to $35 but it sold for $40.
In the mean time, Pat went to an in person auction and purchased this dresser for $10.
It is quite large and not very pretty.  
I decided I could paint it and make it look nicer.
The first thing I did was to take the veneer off of the top.  I tried several different techniques but in the end the heat gun was the only thing that worked.  I sanded it as smooth as I could get it and then stained it.  
I kind of like how there is so much character in it.  
Then I sanded the rest of the dresser, primed and finally two coats of paint.  The handles needed something so I painted them a different color.  I love how it turned out!  It should handle his clothing for a long, long time.
 

No comments: