Thursday, October 27, 2022

Blood Donations

Pat and I have donated blood many, many times over the past years.  Typically we donate in Gresham but this time we will be gone on a vacation when the blood drive happens so we went over to Bowler instead.  Pat bleeds quickly.  He had his bag filled in just over five minutes.  
I take longer as I began giving double reds since we've been home from our mission.  Double reds take much longer.  The blood is drawn out, spun to take the red blood cells out and then the plasma is returned along with a bag of saline.
This happens twice and thus the name.  It makes my lips tingle or more like buzz.  I was told tums will take care of that so this time I brought a few along.  It helped a lot.  I did get chilled as the saline and plasma are cooler than my body temp.  It didn't help that I was under an air duct blowing cold on me.  I feel like I am blessing lives of people I will never meet by doing this small act.  I'll continue as long as I'm able.
 

No comments: