Thursday, October 27, 2022

Judds Concert

On October 8th we attended the Judds concert.  When I first heard that they were doing this farewell tour, I wanted to go.  Then weeks later, Naomi took her own life.  I wasn't sure I wanted to attend a Wynonna concert, but decided she would probably give a pretty good show giving homage to her mom.
It was a pretty full house and I wondered about that little stage at the back of the concert hall.
Martina McBride was the opening act!  Two headliners in one!
She was fantastic!
I enjoyed her songs and her performance.  Wynonna used her as well.
See that box on the far right side of the screen?  That's how Wynonna came into the concert hall.
She then came up on some kind of a lift and sang to all of us in the cheap seats.  She went down the same way she came up and then walked down the aisle to the stage surrounded by her entourage of security.
She had another woman with her that sang Naomi's parts and even though she wasn't necessarily next to Wynonna, it sounded like she was. 
She has an amazing voice.  I never really recognized how powerful it is via the radio.
She sang the Granpa song which I waited all night to hear. 
I recall seeing people at concerts using lighters to make the lights in the audience.  Today people use their cell phones.
There were some video montages but the highlight was having Wynonna sing and the video fading in and out of Naomi singing with her.  It was very touching.  
It was a long concert as we didn't get home until midnight.  But it was so fun to listen to great music!

 

No comments: