Thursday, August 18, 2022

Museum of American History

On Wednesday morning we got in line early to visit the Museum of American History.  It was quite interesting the vast variety of things that are there.  I took only a few photos to remember some of what I saw and experienced.  
This is a piece of the Berlin Wall!  I got to touch it!  
Here are Dorothy's ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz.
During WWII, many women went to work and Rosie the Riveter became a thing.  We were able to do some practice riveting and see how good we were at the job.  
Then, there's this.  If I were a well dressed woman during WWII, this is what I would be wearing.
FDR's speech to the American people following the attack on Pearl Harbor.  It was so interesting to see the changes he made when his speech writer was finished.
A hat worn by President Lincoln.
A piece of one of the twin towers left over after they went down and things were cleaned up following the attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11.
There was so much more, but these were things that spoke to me.  

No comments: