Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Wood Fiber Refresh

Deb had her grandsons for a week for Spring break and asked if I would fill in for her.  Not a problem.  Just inform me of what I may not know.  She had most of the paperwork finished so I didn't need to do anything other than time cards and loads from Mattoon.  Jeeps called with an issue that took me a bit to resolve regarding a split load but that was about it.  A few loads showed up on Monday and Tuesday.  By the end of Wednesday I was looking for things to do so I cleaned her office.  I moved and vacuumed behind everything and suddenly it dawned on me that I have paint at home and I could give the place a new facelift with a coat of paint.
The last time the office was painted was when the addition was constructed.  That's quite a few years ago.  Probably more than 12 years. 
I found a full can of paint at home as well as my ceiling white and loaded up the truck.  I was shocked that the ceiling took two coats!
It isn't a very big space so it didn't take very long to cover the walls.
I liked the new color but especially the white ceiling!
Finally I thought some artwork would make a huge difference to the general look of the place.  There are a couple extra pieces of the photograph of the property so I put one up above Deb's computer.  I believe her home property is in the background.  
Then I added this old barn piece and a calendar to fill the space between the windows. There was a bracket for a computer monitor there which we no longer had so I removed it, filled the holes and made a much nicer looking space.
Then I focused on the dark entry hallway.  I primed and painted over the dark paneling.  
I think it makes a huge difference.  The next day I came back and painted over the vinyl wall covering on the opposite wall.  No before picture but rest assured, it looks so much better.  Another piece of artwork there and it makes the whole space brighter.
Then my brother tells me that he likes what I've done and he wouldn't mind me painting over the dark paneling in the work room.  Done!  Of course I couldn't stop at one wall.  I needed to do the other three walls and the ceiling.  I did leave the wall with the wildlife paneling as it has character.  I need to take some after photos.  It looks so much bigger and brighter.  Of course, part of the bigger is that I cleaned out a lot of junk!  Another painting project accomplished!
It remains to be seen if I will continue with that project.

 

No comments: