Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Mesa Temple Visitors’ Center

We spent some time on Sunday visiting the Mesa Visitors' Center.  It is very interactive.  
The first interactive piece is this giant mural on the wall.  The sides and top are all colored but then the middle is left for people to color.  When it is full, they erase it with some sort of cleaner.  
Pat left his message. 
And I left mine.
Upstairs there is an activity that I think is so inspired.  It is difficult to see but when you put your phone up to take a picture you can see the words.  On one side it says: TODAY
On the back side it says:  FUTURE
These pegs are moveable.  I stood next to them and pushed them backwards. 
So what's left when I walked away was a depression of the shape of my body.  I look so short!
On the back side is the same shape but pushed out.  I thought about how when our children we young I did my best to teach them that all choices have a consequence.  We can make the choice but we can't choose the consequence.  Obviously in this demonstration, one knows exactly what will show on the other side.  But it doesn't disappoint in showing that for every action there is a reaction.  It is a very visual way to teach the concept.
I LOVED IT!
It is a very interesting Visitors' Center. So many hands on activities and places to visit, meet, play, study and teach.  It makes me wonder what will be in Salt Lake City when the temple is finished and the Visitors' Center rebuilt and open. 







 

No comments: