Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Alyssa Roe & Stephen Johnstun

Saturday afternoon was the reason we went to Arizona.  Alyssa Roe married Stephen Johnstun in January and now that her sister Meckenzie was home from her mission, they were being sealed for eternity in the Mesa temple. 
The Mesa temple has only been open for a short time since it's rededication.  It is very southwest in it's appearance both inside and out.  Beautiful!  What temple isn't?
It was wonderful to see Alyssa.  This was the first time we've seen her since she returned from her mission.  It was only fitting that we see her in the temple.
I believe there were more people waiting outside the temple than were inside for the sealing.  Either way, I'm glad she has such a great support system.  
We had lunch in the park across the street afterward.  This young woman just touched my heart somewhere in her teenage years and I love her.  There are a few of the former youth that I would like to support in this way.  She's at the top of the list. 
I had an enjoyable time in the waiting room visiting with Jason.  He's a good guy.  I've missed Laura's hugs.  She makes a person feel so loved.  I wish we could've had time to spend with the two of them but life is busy and she had so much family visiting that it just wasn't possible.  I am grateful that we could reunite once again.  It was worth the trip.



 

No comments: