Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Topo

Kevin and Mary took us to downtown Old Gilbert for a Saturday night activity.  I don't know why but this water tower was all lit up with strings of lights.  Maybe so a person can find the main drag?
We waited in line at Topo for at least half an hour to get prickly pear ice cream.  I wasn't sure I'd want that flavor but it was delicious.  It tastes like a zippy raspberry.  I got mine swirled with vanilla which I think was the best choice.  The vanilla cut down the zip.
Why is this place called Topo and why is there a giant gopher on top?  Who better to ask the owner working inside than my husband and Kevin Ballard?
So the story goes that the owner and his partner used to hunt gophers and so they named their shop "gopher" in Spanish.  Those lighted eyes are quite creepy.  
 

No comments: