Saturday, July 24, 2021

Pat’s House

My brother Pat is engaged to a wonderful woman by the name of Melody.  They do not have a wedding date yet but she does have a job at the court house beginning mid-August.  I don't think he has done much with the house since he and Diane divorced.  There is still plenty that has her fingerprints on the house. 
This little cubby wasn't really a messy spot.  It also needs a new home as there won't be any little ones living in this home anymore.
Clare, Sammi and I spent about a collective 16 hours working on the kitchen cupboards and the pantry.  Sammi decided a garage sale would get rid of a lot of these things.  Everything in the boxes is going out.
This dumpster had one small bag in it prior to me getting to it.  Most of this is expired food that was in his pantry.  It was well stocked and not used.  Ben mentioned that one particular cookie mix was expired before he was even born.  We giggles.  I'm sure I have some very old things in my pantry as well.
Today being a Saturday I thought it was a good idea to go back and work on the house with Pat there.  My goal today was to get the dishes washed and the countertops cleaned and organized.  It was accomplished.  Susie came and helped clean out a cabinet and clean the stove top as well as the table top.  Sammi and Cami cleaned out storage areas.  There is a lot of stuff to go out the door but it will look great when we get finished.  
 

No comments: