Saturday, July 24, 2021

A Dress

I saw this beautiful dress and was in awe of how stunning it looked.
It is symbol of dreams and expectations unfulfilled.  
Sometimes those we love do not get what they most desire.  Sometimes the things we want are not meant to be or perhaps someone else gets in the way.
When my children and grandchildren do all they can and still come up disappointed, it hurts my mother's heart.  As mothers we teach and nurture our children and then send them out on their own hoping that they will make the right decisions.  We pray for them and ache when they ache.   
When I think about this concept, I try to imagine how our Heavenly parents feel when they watch their children deal with disappointment and heartache and even sin.  How grateful I am every single day that I have a Father who was willing to let His son, my Savior, carry my load and die for me.  I can never repay except with my obedience.
 

No comments: