Thursday, March 11, 2021

Welcome Home

On March 3, 2021, we finished packing our things and making sure all of our things were out of our apartment and headed home.  A lot of mixed feelings go with leaving a mission.  I know our time was over but there were still so many projects I wanted to see finished.  Someone else will get to do those.
As I drove around the corner from Grunewald to Herman street I saw our entire family waiting outside in our driveway.  Those feelings were immense!  As much as I felt I was leaving my home in Nauvoo, I felt such a joy at seeing my own right here in Lyndhurst!
There were a lot of chalk drawings on the driveway.  Everything from Welcome Home to Finish Line.
Someone even drew Moroni!
Someone wrote, "Thanks for showing your face."  There was a Hallelujah as well.
Thanks for stopping by.  haha
Lots of posters adorned the front of the house complete with balloons!
I guess these last two signs say it best.  We missed our family and we are glad to be back home with them. 
I needed a photo with all nine of our grandchildren.
How could we not feel the love with all these beautiful faces around us?  Not only those pictured but their parents as well.

No comments: