Thursday, March 4, 2021

Village Inn #9

We moved from the Condos to Village Inn #9 last March.  I did some painting and Pat did a lot of upgrading before/during the time we moved in.  The Mensels had lived here and we moved over when they left due to the pandemic.  This home has an upstairs where we could put Tom when he came to stay.  Let's be totally honest, it has all that space upstairs for our family to camp out when they come to visit.  We both loved having that extra space.  Bonus!  There is another bathroom up there.
Our bathroom is quite small and the door opened into the room which was a real pain since you had to get in past the door in order to close it to use the toilet.  So, my smart companion took the door off and made it swing out into the hallway instead.  Another honest moment, we rarely closed the door.
Behind the door in our bedroom was this wonderful light bar and mirror.  I picked out the table to put my cosmetics and hair "things" on.  Then I had shelves for linens and other stuff that didn't have a specific place.  I LOVE this space!
                      
The rest of our bedroom is nothing too special.
Our desk is in the bedroom as well but the little alcove made a place for it that wasn't useful for anything else.  It is the perfect set up.
The living room was bright and cheerful!  Although the windows faced the north, the scenery was that of the state park so it was actually very nice.  I painted the west wall Quicksilver which we both really liked.  When we had very cold weather, we brought in a portable heater as the ceramic floor in that space radiated the cold.
I really liked the kitchen as it had actually drawers unlike the Condo.  The fridge in the corner was tough if we were both trying to navigate that space at the same time.  Mostly, I loved this space.
I also loved the view out of the south facing window.  I put up a bird feeder and even put seed on the window sill.  Birds loved to come sit there and eat off of that space.
We had a much larger table and we could even put an extra leaf in to expand it.  
I also picked out that book shelf and filled it with family pictures.  I liked that a lot.
When entering the back door from the garage, there was this pantry/laundry/mud/music room.    It was messy as we were in the midst of packing when I took this photo.
It is a great room to remove shoes and coats.
I absolutely LOVED living in this space.  It was the perfect size for us except when family visited.  Then it was quite small.  Still, I'm very thankful that Trischa allowed us to make the move.  
Without the garage I don't know where my husband would have gone with all his treasures.

No comments: