Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Mount Pleasant Threshers Reunion

On Friday afternoon we went to Mount Pleasant to the Threshers Reunion.  It is a huge deal.  It's filled with all kinds of tractors and machinery from steam engines to electric motors.  
This machine was a used as a road roller.  Big wide flat wheels.
There were a lot of vendors as well.  One of the first was this guy who makes all these creations out of metal.  This little worm and cow trike planter were so cute. 
I liked this big colorful turkey.  He was also available without color.
My favorite were these corn stalks.  One was good but they really need to be purchased in groupings.  I don't know how they're made but they are so cool.
Pat loved these roses.  I did too.  Everything was so interesting and tempting.
We rode the trolley around the entire place.  So many campers.  I believe they were all the people who were showing their machinery.
Rolls of veneer.  I sent this picture to Andrew to remind him that there were other ways that veneer was created other than in Mattoon.  These rolls were warm and damp as expected.
There were so many people that they needed to create additional parking.  We parked at the high school and there were buses that transported people to and from at no cost.  That was better than paying to park.
This is Lon.  He is an NFM full-time employee in the carpentry shop.  He was showing how to sharpen his hand planes.  The man is a wealth of knowledge.  He's the reason we knew about this event.  I know nothing about his trade and yet I found it very interesting.  It was a good time and we didn't have the time to really explore it. 

1 comment:

Sammi said...

You should have gotten that cow riding the bike. I like that one!