Tuesday, September 3, 2019

YSM Concert

On Sunday and Monday nights the young sister missionaries put on a concert for anyone who wanted to attend.  It was so worth the minuscule amount of effort is required to go.  We planned on attending on Sunday night but the Fillmores came down to Muscatine for a very short visit so we went north to spend a couple of hours with our babies.  So Monday night we attended with many others.
One of the hymns they sang was The Lord is My Light.  I have loved that hymn since I was about 14 when I first learned it.  We've sung it a few times during mission training and it always touches my heart.  Jesus Christ is the light of the world so why wouldn't I accept Him as my light?    There were a few original pieces sung that were so beautiful.  I hope they get published one day so I can sing them too.
At the end of the concert they sang the As Sisters in Zion/We'll Bring the World His Truth medley.  I've loved that piece since I first heard it.  They tweaked it a bit as there was no one to sing the men's part.  At some point Sister Bankston who was conducting turned around and asked us to sing the Army of Helaman part with them.
As I began to sing I internalized the words.  I was born of goodly parents who love the Lord.  I was taught and I understand that I must do as the Lord commands.  That was tender but then we began to sing the chorus and I recognized that this was the first time I have sung this piece as a missionary.  I am part of that army!  I am NOW the Lord's missionary!  Tears flowed and I found it difficult to sing.  Words cannot express how I felt knowing that I am part of the Lord's army of missionaries.  I am so blessed to be able to give my whole life to Him at this point in my life.

No comments: