Monday, September 23, 2019

We Made the Walls!

I got a picture text from Chad Thorne last week telling me that we made the wall.  Bishop had asked Sammi and Clare for a picture of us some time ago and he finally texted us and asked for one.  Sammi uploaded this one and sent it off to be printed as we were on the phone.  She gave it to him and now we're on the wall.  
I picked this particular photo of us as I really love it.  It was taken at our first Nauvoo on the Road in the 90+ degree heat.  I liked it so well that I made a copy to display in our apartment.  We have more professional looking photos of the two of us, but this shows us in our costumes and at work.  I figured it was the best way for people to see us. 
Yesterday Retta texted me with a picture of our names on the map in the stake center.  I guess we made the wall twice!  For some time it was my job to put the names on the map, or at least I took the job.  I also removed them.  Since my husband was released as stake president, I no longer had access to the label maker and was no longer in Wausau very often to even look at the map. 

It is good for people to know where we are and what we're doing.  When at home, I looked around the chapel at the couples that I feel could at some time serve as missionaries or even temple workers.  I wish they could know of the blessings that we've had in serving in both capacities.  It is worth all the sacrifice.

No comments: