Friday, September 27, 2019

Birthday Surprises

Happy Birthday to me!  Yesterday I was sitting at my desk when my sweetheart walked in with these beautiful roses.  He knows that yellow roses are my favorite rose.  This bouquet is just amazing.  I'll take it home with me today so I can enjoy it over the weekend.
Along with the roses was his card to "Sister Pleshek."
What a great sentiment!  With this being my first birthday on our mission, I appreciate it so much more.  Then he signs it with "E.P." meaning Elder Pleshek.  I made cookies as a treat for office staff and any missionaries that come in today to share with them.  I really wasn't sure why he followed me into my office as he was headed to Carthage with a work order this morning.
  
When I got to my desk I saw this piece of driftwood with a nameplate attached.  He had Lon, the cabinet maker help him stain the wood with a period correct stain.  Then Lee, the sign maker made my sign and with Kyle's help he mounted the thing.  It is quite an impressive name sign.  Last night he was making a beaded temple and putting spires on it.  He doesn't usually do the spires unless I'm busy with other things.  
This morning he told me how he wasn't able to buy me things for my birthday anymore since I don't need any more clothes or jewelry.  Then this.  What a thoughtful, sweet man I married! 

1 comment:

Sammi said...

That's better than any jewelry or clothes anyways.