Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Happy 1st Birthday Sweetheart!

It was one year ago today that Pat had his heart attack.  It seems so surreal that it actually happened.  How could anyone who is so outwardly healthy have a heart attack?  I'm the one with the family history and the extra poundage.
 One year to think about and ponder what could have been.  It wasn't meant to be.  His work here is not yet finished.  That was clearly mentioned in the blessing he received under the hands of Andrew.
 We have had a wonderful time serving together in the temple and in our calling as area temple and family history consultants.  We enjoy traveling together to the wards and branches and sharing our message from a different pulpit each week.  
 We still spar on occasion and laugh together.  We also share our spiritual insights with one another.  I cherish those times.  I continue to learn so much from his words and example.  He is absolutely an example of a faithful, covenant keeping son of God.  
 Sometimes we disagree but we always work through those disagreements.  Our marriage hasn't always been a bed of roses but then how would we grow together if it was?  I wouldn't change a thing.  
 He's my best friend.  He makes me a better version of myself.  He sees in me what God sees in me.  He sees what I can become not just what I am.
I don't know what life has in store for us but as long as we face it together, we'll be fine.  Life is a grand adventure along side this handsome guy.  I will forever be grateful that he chose me to be his companion through eternity.  

No comments: