Saturday, July 14, 2018

Blessings of Protection

A few weeks ago we experienced two very profound miracles of protection.  First.  On our way to the temple I usually take a nap.  I was reading and then was just about close my eyes for a nap as I was tired.  Pat pulled off the highway and asked me to drive.  I did so reluctantly.  I drove for some time and was getting tired.  I did the usual things of adjusting myself in my seat and rubbing my neck to keep myself awake.  I was struggling big time.  I would close one eye and then the other to try to keep one of them open.

Suddenly, I was wide awake and had my senses sharp as ever.  I recognized that I had indeed fallen asleep at the wheel with the cruise at 75mph.  I didn't hear a voice.  I didn't feel anyone shake me awake.  Yet I knew that someone had awakened me.  I was still in my own lane and there was no other traffic around me.  I immediately recognized that there are those unseen people around me to help keep us safe.

That was on Friday.  On Monday, Pat went to a service project where they were cutting down saplings.  He came home and showed me his pants.  There were jagged tears in the left knee. 
His chainsaw had come forward after he cut a tree and stopped on his leg.  As you can see there are shreds in his pants.  His garment was not torn but there was a bruise on his knee.  Again there was divine protection.  I cannot say how grateful I was to my Heavenly Father for keeping him safe just as He had done a few days earlier.  

We must have a work to do here on this earth as it is possible that neither of us could be here.  

No comments: