Saturday, July 14, 2018

Andrew & Cierra's Wedding

May 17th took us to the Nauvoo temple for the marriage of our son Andrew to his beautiful fiance, Cierra Gayle Su'a.  We were so happy to be there with them and to witness the forever marriage of our youngest child.  
It seems we don't get our entire family together more than once each year.  The wedding gave us an extra opportunity to all be together and in one of our favorite places on the planet...Nauvoo!!!
 We had a very enjoyable time in Independence at a reception in their honor.  We were able to experience some of the culture of the Samoan people.  There were several dances for us to watch.  My favorite was when Cierra danced a hula for Andrew. 
 They just departed the temple and were about to be swarmed by children.
 The grand entrance at the Independence reception.
 My favorite moment of the entire evening was just after we began eating.  I looked up from my plate of food to see Brian and Kellie Welling walking toward us.  We hugged and hugged and shed tears.  They surprised us with this trip.  I had the feeling that this is what it will be like when we meet our loved ones after we leave this life.  Unspeakable joy!
 Cierra dancing with her dad.
 A new sibling picture.
 This was just after Cierra's hula.
 Tom was able to part of the wedding party during the grand entrance.
 Best man Tim!
 I have never seen my son so happy.
 All the nieces and nephews with the bride and groom.
My new favorite newlywed couple!

No comments: