Wednesday, September 12, 2018

4 Years

Today marks 4 years since my sweet daddy passed from this life to the next.  I think of him often.  I don't miss him as much as I thought I would only because I know where he is and that he's with his sweetheart, my mom.
 I recall taking him to appointment after appointment with no answers for what was wrong with him.  It was very frustrating.  He was wise enough to know that he shouldn't be driving for which I'm very grateful.  I remember getting the news of his brain tumor and already knowing that it was cancer even before the biopsy.
 I miss this beautiful smile.  My dad was my hero.  He never got angry...at least I never saw him angry.  He was kind and generous to everyone.  He had a gentle way of rubbing my neck or feeling my ear lobes that made me know I was loved.  
He struggled through a difficult time in his life after my mom passed.  I prayed for him so much and fasted often.  His call on a Wednesday evening that everything was again right in his life was priceless.  Tears flowed because of happiness.  

He let me try and encouraged everyone to try everything.  He wanted us to know how to run big machinery.  He let everyone try whether you wanted to or not.  

Today I miss him.  
He was the perfect daddy for me.   
Families are forever.  Of this I am sure!

No comments: