Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy 32 Years


 On January 11th, my sweetheart and I celebrated 32 years of being married.  Where did that time go?  It seems just a few years ago that we were buying a house, struggling to make ends meet, wondering when we would ever get out to go on a date and how would we pay a babysitter?

Now our children are grown and we are expecting grandbaby #5 in a few weeks.  I love my life with this amazing man.  He treats me better than I sometimes deserve but always with respect and love and dignity.

I love how he was more than willing to take in my sister and my dad at my request.  In fact, he told my dad that he would be offended if he thought about leaving our home.  He saw to Dad's needs and had heart to heart talks with him.  It was something I shall always be grateful for.  He couldn't have loved my father more if he were his flesh and blood son.  And vice versa.

He loves the people in our stake!  No doubt about that.  His heart has more than enough room to take all those people in and care about them individually.  I hear it in his prayers.  I know how much this man loves the Savior.  It is evident constantly in my everyday life with him.  Who could ask for more?

I am not ever going to say that my husband is a better man than any other.  I will say that I have been blessed with the right man for me.  He has helped me to become a better person.  I hope we get to spend many, many more years together and celebrating more years of wedded bliss.

No comments: