Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmas Wrap-Up

 Christmas 2014 was indeed memorable.  Our house was full to overflowing and it was wonderful!
Erin came home and Jeff, Sammi and Eveyln came and brought along one of Jeff's former missionary companions, Fabio.  He is from Brazil and got kicked out of his dorm over the semester break.  We were glad to have him come enjoy Christmas with us.  Brett's house was full too so Bonny came to stay with us for a couple of weeks.  Here's a photo recap of some of our Christmas.

On Christmas Eve we met some of my family and did a caroling "concert" of sorts at the Birch Hill Health Care facility where my dad spent his final weeks of life.  Jeff played his cello and I accompanied on the piano.  I believe a good time was had by all.
On Christmas Eve our children exchange their gifts to one another and I always give the grandchildren some kind of books.  
 Earlier in the week, Pat taught Fabio how to drive a tractor.  He has never driven anything so this was a real treat for him.  
 He was surprised that we would get him, a total stranger, Christmas presents.  I got him this badger shirt.  I told him to be careful wearing that on the Michigan State campus.  He also got a John Deere tractor shirt from Pat.
 Pat always gets the kids a gift from him.  Here's Tom's new "cat shirt."  It makes my eyes hurt.
 I got Jeff a "Fifth Quarter" shirt which you'll see in another photo.
 The girls got me new measuring cups.  There's a backstory on why.  I received a set of measuring cups as a wedding gift 32 years ago and I love them because they have a 2/3 and a 3/4 cup.  I refused to get rid of them until I have something to replace them.  They were looking really rough.  That's even sort of kind.  Here are the new ones.
 Jeff showing off his new shirt and socks!
 Tom wearing that hideous shirt and showing off his new Ipad.
Erin got something for Sam and Jeff.  I don't recall what was in the box except some "thank you" money for letting me live with you.
Sammi and I got this Brasil jacket for Jeff.  It was quite expensive and he didn't even want to try it on in the store because of the price.  She found a coupon and with both of us, we could afford it.  It was priceless to watch the expressions on his face as he recognized what we got him.
Sammi put together a scrapbook for her dad with all of us writing our testimonies and a thank you note to Pat for what he's done for us.  He was touched.
I found something extra for Clint that I normally wouldn't have purchased.  Its a plaque that says, "Always be yourself.  If you can't be yourself, be Batman.  Always be Batman."  It has a bat symbol on it.  He wanted to know where Clare would let him hang it.
Clare opening her "Papa" purse.  It's made out of Papa's shirt and pants.
Clare and Clint are always taking meat to Kropf's to be ground into burger.  I splurged and got them a heavy duty meat grinder.
Sammi made me some cube ornaments.  This is what they look like.  I love them.
The sunset on this wonderful Christmas night.
I saw this quote in October when I went to a craft sale with Sharla Bohl.  I had Erin take a photo on her phone so I could remember it and make it.  Pat had Pam Moede make it for me.  I love it.  It sits on my piano with my family photos.
These two are always glad when they get to be together.  Moreso Cami but I think Evelyn will come around as she gets a little older.  Wonderful girls.

No comments: