Sunday, March 10, 2013

At Last

I have served as the choir director in our ward for 8+ years.  I love being part of the choir.  These are amazing people and we have a great time together for an hour each Sabbath afternoon. 

More than two years ago I had the distinct impression that I was doing someone else's calling.  I've had that impression once before and that time I spoke with the Bishop about it and was released a few weeks later.  This time I spoke with the bishop and nothing happened.  Then about 15 months ago, I spoke with one of the counselors and told him how I was feeling.  At that point I even had feelings about who my replacement could be.  I didn't tell that to anyone though.

Bishop Haffner later told me that the previous bishop had extended the call but it was refused.  Long story short, I was released today!!!!  Heidi Cerveny was called and accepted.  It wasn't a difficult calling.  I had a lot of fun, but it went about three years too long.  Heidi will be great.  She's nervous about it but I don't know why as she used to teach jr. and sr. high choir at school.  I would think being in front of those youth would be a lot more intimidating than being in front of all of us who want to be here and love one another.

I loved being able to sing with the choir today and not standing in front directing. 

No comments: