Monday, September 24, 2012

The Waiting Game

Babies are a huge blessing.  Today I got a rather frantic call from Sammi because her water broke and she wasn't sure that was what was happening.  Anyway, Jeff took her to the hospital this morning and now almost 12 hours later we're waiting for the arrival of our fourth grandchild and second granddaughter.  I know first babies typically take longer than the subsequent births, but it seems to be harder to be the one waiting than the one going through it.  Perhaps knowing that the process is taking a toll of my daughter makes it harder to think about, so I try not to think about it all day long.  Either way, at my age, there's no way I would want to be like Abraham's Sarah so I'll let my married children do this birthing. 

So here we are waiting on little Evelyn to make her entrance into this world.  I'm sure I'll have more to say tomorrow along with a photo.  Gotta love this grandparent thing.

1 comment:

Luana said...

Oh yay! Congrats on the new baby that very well might be here at this very moment! Hope you get to come and see her!