Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Friend Sue

I love this photo of my friend Sue and I.  It was taken on September 11, 2011.  It was the day that Sue went through the temple for the first time.  I was privileged to go with her. 
She and I have been friends since the early 80's.  I think I was assigned to be her visiting teacher and the rest is history.  She's one of those people in my life who I connect with in a special way.  Our friendship can be put down and picked right back up where we left it even if there are weeks, months or even years between the putting down and picking up. 
I'm just now learning about her growing up years.  Isn't that funny?  We've known one another for decades and I'm just now finding out things I never thought to ask.  Perhaps because they weren't important for me to know.  I just knew that I loved her.
This week we got together and baked cookies for the sisters that we visit teach.  (We get to be companions once again and I love it!)  It was just the two of us and I loved every moment of it.  She's smart and funny and loves to laugh and she's a survivor.  She's taken whatever life has thrown at her and come out on top.  I know she hasn't had an easy life and I'm amazed by her ability to bounce back.  She's an amazing friend.
So Sue, when you read this, just know that I love you an incredible amount and I know our friendship will last through the eternities.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You describe our friendship so well. Through all these years it has been so good to have a friend who always understood me and was and continues to be on call 24 hours a day for me! Your example as a follower of Christ who really knows the meaning of service has always inspired me. Your sense of humor has kept me laughing through good and bad times and I am grateful. I love you!!!!!!!

Luana said...

That was a wonderful tribute!