Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Friends and Food

Last night at Andrew's basketball game, my friend Laura came to sit by me as I was all alone.  We had a good time catching up.  We decided it would be really fun to get together for lunch and invite another mutual friend.
Laura made a delish BBQ chicken, pineapple pizza.  It was so yummy!  We enjoyed good conversation and lots of laughing.  Thanks Laura and Michele!
I was assigned to bring something sweet for dessert.  Since all three of us are working on losing weight, I found something tasty without tons of calories or fat.  Here it is!
It's raspberry trifle.  In case you think it looks good I'm posting the recipe below.  
1 angel food cake mix
1 small package raspberry jello
frozen raspberries
3 or 4 containers of raspberry yogurt
Bake an angel food cake.  When it's cool, tear it apart into bite size pieces.  I do this in thirds as there are three layers to this dessert. 
Make the jello and add the berries.
Layer the torn up cake, then yogurt, then jello berry mixture.  Do this three times and top with whipped topping.  Real cream is better, but I was looking for low fat.  Refrigerate.

It isn't brain surgery and it isn't hard to do.  I've already forgotten to add the jello so just dumped it on top.  It worked.  Enjoy!

No comments: