Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

 Today my mom would be 74 years old.  I think it's amazing that my parents' births were only 12 days apart.  Dad is soooo much older than Mom.  I don't dwell on her often but since I live in her house and I am her daughter she is a constant every day part of my life.  I am who I am due to her influence. 
This picture is how I remember my parents....together.  It was taken at the Chicago temple ground breaking.  My dad must have been the district president as they were invited to participate.
I remember her as "Nana" to 17 little people.  More showed up after she was gone.  I do believe they all have a relationship with her even though they never met her in this earth life.  She was great at reading to the children and taking time to play with them. 
Now I'm the Nana.  Where did that time go?
 My parents' love was visable.  I think that's the thing I miss the most.  Seeing my dad without her.  Her coworker made a comment to me after her death about how she could see how much my parents loved one another.  That's how I want my children to remember my husband and I.  I hope people can "see" our love.
So on this February 11th, I feel a little sad.  But I am so overwhelmed with thankfulness to be born to a woman who taught me so much and loved me enough to listen when Elder Olsen asked her to meet with them to learn about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know she has a great love for her Savior and that is a grand legacy that I hope to carry to my posterity.
Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment:

http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful blogging about a most beautiful subject-- your mom, your dad, and the love they shared. I couldn't agree more-- their ♥ WAS visible and it could also be FELT by those around them. Wayne and I sure had some special times with them-- very special! Again, beautiful post, Heidi. Doris