Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day!!

Leap Day only comes once every four years so I figured I'd better blog on it. I awoke this morning to no electricity and no school.  I cancelled seminary already yesterday as I knew this storm was coming.  I don't want the youth out on the roads either in deep snow or on slippery roads.
Here was the scene outside our house on the south side after my husband finished his plowing.  About 8 inches of wet, heavy snow made for a difficult plowing.
Here's the back yard.  The branches on the pine trees were really hanging low as expected with such a heavy load.  It's very beautiful.  I've said it before.  I love how clean everything looks after a fresh snow.  I know, I know, tomorrow is March, but we really haven't had winter yet.  Very little snow and only a few days where it was really cold.  Not that I'm complaining.  I figure the snow has to show up sooner or later and sooner is better as my track season will be starting soon.
I also like the way the snow comes sliding off our new roof.  It looks really cool and makes a loud "whump" sound as it hits the ground.  I'd rather not be under it when it comes down though.

1 comment:

Luana said...

If only it were still December....then that beautiful snowfall would be absolutely perfect!