Tuesday, September 27, 2011

49 Things

I'm celebrating my 49th birthday today.  Celebrating is probably too strong of a word as I'm sitting at work with not much to do and then I'll be off to officiate some Jr. High volleyball and finally heading out the door on my way to Idaho/Utah for the week.  Anyway, I thought I'd list 49 things that I'm grateful for. 
1.  My parents.  Without them I wouldn't exist.
2.  My husband.  He's my rock.
3.  My children.  They are my friends and keep me amused.
4.  My grandchildren.  Definate amusement here and lots of love.
5.  My friends.  I have some of the most amazing people who I'm lucky enough to call my friends.
6.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I would be lost without it in my life.
7.  My home.  I love the house I live in as it is filled with years of memories.
8.  My health.  What more needs to be said?
9.  My siblings.  We don't do a lot together, but we're there when it's needed.
10. Seminary.  I love the direction the scriptures take me.
11. Eleven wonderful seminary students.  I love these youth!
12. Motorcycle rides with my sweetie.  What a good way to relax.
13. A trustworthy vehicle.  Enough said.
14. My testimony.  I pray it will always be built upon the rock.
15. My jobs.  I love that I can work at things I love and get paid to do them and it isn't full time.
16. The green.  I love the green of the trees and grass.
17. A wood fire in the house. 
18. A comfy bed.
19. Computers and internet.  A great way to stay connected.
20. Cell phones.  I don't use my much, but I love that my husband/kids have them.
21. Priesthood.  Where would we be without that magnificent power?
22. The temple. A place of love and beauty.
23. Food.  I love to eat!
24. Vacations.  Spending time with loved ones far and near is the best!
25. Two very wonderful men who married my two oldest daughters.
I'm half way there...
26. Wonderful neighbors.
27. Caring, wonderful teachers at school.  They are so great!
28. A job for my husband.  My earning power is pretty limited.
29. The opportunity to be a stay at home mom.
30. A living prophet.
31. General conference
32. The atonement.  Need I explain this one?
33. The smell of autumn leaves as well as the color.  I love the changing seasons.
34. A fresh blanket of snow...which will be here too soon.
35. Fresh produce, especially cucumbers.
36. The smell of fresh baked bread.
37. Random kindnesses by anyone.
38. A clean house.
39. The plan of salvation.  It gives me purpose and direction.
40. Covenants made in the temple.
41. A supportive family.
42. The newness of Spring!
43. My husband's taste in clothing as he buys most of mine.
44. The ability to listen to the Spirit.
45. My memories of my childhood.  I had it good.
46. My increased patience as I've gotten older.
47. Children who give their parents a run.  i.e. Adam.  He's so darn cute.
48. The ability to exercise faith and pray.
Last and certainly not the least in any way.
49. If you put 2 and 2 together from my last post, you're absolutely right and I couldn't be happier!

So there you have it!  Happy birthday to me. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Heidi. Thanks for sharing all these blessings in your life. Have a great vacation and a great birthday.

Luana said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I look forward to seeing you the end of the week!

Gene J said...

I agree with most of these blessings. The exception -- my husband doesn't buy my clothes. If I did my age in blessings I would have to list several more which would be easy to do. I feel richly blessed. I hope that I can be listed as one of your good friends. I know that I can always count on you and I appreciate that and I hope you know that you can count on me.