Friday, September 9, 2011

Back to School

 Where did the summer go?  June wasn't all that fast even though it was really busy.  But July and August flew by.  I suppose in part because of the preparations for Sammi and Jeff's impending marriage.  At any rate, school is back in session and Andrew is now a sophomore!  He's been at soccer for a full month already and their season is about half over even though school just started on Tuesday. 
I attended his game on Tuesday as it was at home.  Andrew got quite a bit of playing time in which was nice to see.  Tonight we'll go to Mosinee to watch another of his games.  He likes playing but admits he isn't the best or fastest guy out there.  I like that he sees that.  As long as he's having fun.
 I do have several of my seminary students on the team and some of them are very good at soccer. 
I began seminary on Tuesday and so far we're having a good time.  What a challenge to learn all the books in the Old Testament.  It isn't required, but it will make finding scriptures a lot easier.  We're using the Primary song about the books of the Old Testament and that's helping.  We had a fun time this morning playing a game together as well.  Will post the photo of my students as soon as my computer cooperates and lets me copy it.  Let's hope the next 35 weeks of school go as fast as the summer did!

No comments: