Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the grind

With school starting that means I too am back to the grind of everyday living. Mostly it means I'm back to teaching seminary. Does it ever get old? Yes it does! Do I ever want to stay in my bed? All the time. Do I ever regret accepting the responsibility? Never!

Yesterday my students were glassy eyed and non-responsive. Today they were much more awake and interactive. We're studying Alma 5. Yesterday we talked about gaining a testimony of Jesus Christ. Today we talked about Alma's questions to ask ourselves to determine if we could stand in the presence of our Savior. We went through the questions in the chapter and then I handed them a sheet of questions that were very specific that could possibly pertain to them. Questions about honesty and integrity and keeping the standards they know to be of worth.

At the end of class the statement was read that we will have a bright recollection of all our guilt as we stand before the Savior to be judged. I made sure they knew that sin that has been repented of would not be part of that guilt. The question was asked if that really was true. I testified to all that the Lord remembers it no more as he has promised in the scriptures.

Is teaching seminary rewarding? You bet it is!

No comments: