Monday, January 11, 2010

One Boy. One Girl. Two Hearts Beating Wildly!

January 11th is the day that two young, wet-behind-the-ears kids got married. Can it really be that it was 27 years ago today? Where did the time go? I find it amazing that the longer I spend with my sweetheart, the more in love I am with him.

In the following picture, you'll find a couple of kids. These two pictures were taken while we were dating. I was a senior in high school and he was preparing to go on a mission for our church. Believe it or not, the baby he is holding is Ryan Jeske.

This was taken on our wedding day in Washington D.C. My parents are in the photo with us. They had to be thinking we were nuts to get married so young, but then they were both 20 when they got married. They have always been supportive.

After some years of hard work and my typing a lot of papers, we finally had graduation in May 2004. Whoever thinks that getting a college education just affects the student, is certainly wrong. If that student is a family man, it affects the entire family.

In 2006, we returned to Washington D.C. with four of our children. We toured the National Mall and also took them to the temple where we were married. That was a terrific trip. I only wish, we had more time to do things.

Our lives continue to grow as grandchildren come into our lives. These two sweeties light up our lives in ways that we never imagined. Being a grandparent is so much fun. I still love being a mom though.

Our lives together are rich and wonderful. I am very blessed to have a wonderful man who supports and loves me unconditionally. I never question his love for me. Recently, he brought me roses after we had a difficult situation in the morning. Now, how's that for thoughtfulness? It certainly wasn't necessary, but very much appreciated. I love him more now than ever!

3 comments:

Gene J said...

Congratulations.
I know how you are feeling. Last year we celebrated our 40th anniversary. Live is good!!

Luana said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. Twenty seven years is a such a miracle in today's society. Evan and I will be on # 33 in June, but we don't look a minute over # 10!!!

DJ said...

I love this post! You two are such a great couple who have touched and served so many lives in those 27 years together. You are amazing parents, missionaries, friends, LDS members and grandparents, too I have no doubt!! I am so so so grateful that I got to meet and know you guys and serving in your town for as long as I did was made a lot easier because of the kind of people you are & how much you helped us in the work we were sent there to do! i love you guys!!
Happy Anniversary to a great couple who still look as good as the days you were dating!!