Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn in Wisconsin


I said in an earlier post that I love the autumn season. I wish we had a fall season this year. The weather seems to have gone from a cool spring to a warm one and then perhaps a week or two of summer scattered throughout June, July and August.

Summer really hit once school was back in session. The weatherman says we should have some warmer temps next week. The following are pictures of the view from my back yard.

This maple tree is in my back yard. I should've taken a picture a few days earlier while it still had a lot of leaves on it. The color is beautiful regardless.

A sure sign of fall is the growing wood piles in the area. The view is in the horse pen behind our home. I think the colors are grand.

From my mostly empty garden I got some great produce from the broccoli, beans,
zucchini and tomatoes. The peppers and corn didn't do much of anything.


This view shows my frozen hibiscus plant. Obviously all the beautiful red flowers are gone but I got to enjoy them before the frost hit. Not quite what it was a month ago.

I'll enjoy the vivid colors while they last and hopefully the smells of fall will return shortly.

1 comment:

Luana said...

I really miss the geography there! It looks beautiful. The desert isn't quite as lovely, although the mountains surrounding us are very pretty. Give us a call when you get here with Sammi and hopefully we can get together for dinner or just to chat.